A free action is something that you can do while also performing the rest of your turn.
Free actions are a way to make your turn more fluid. They usually don’t provide a mechanical bonus.
Here are some examples:
- Kicking an disarmed opponents weapon away
- Shouting to an ally (1 rough sentence)
- Retrieve and open a potion
- Open an unlocked door
- Draw your weapon, or sheathe one
- Point or give direction
- Searching for an object that is within plain sight
- Reloading a weapon as part of an attack
- Others at my discretion